Our Research Questions
The future of the $100 laptop in 2017
- Will the laptop be localized or will it be in English?
- What software is included in it?
- What is the life span of the laptop?
- Who decided the educational contents?
- What if the infrastructure does not support the operation of the machine?
- What happened at the end of the use of the laptop?
- How much is it?
- What is One Laptop per Child (OLPC)?
- Who will provide the laptop?
- Who will organize this project? Who are the main parties involved?
- Who is eligible to receive the laptop?
- How is the laptop distributed from OLPC to the children? (what distribution channel involved?)
- Who is going to monitor this distribution?
- Will the price fall below $100 by 2017?
- Will this create a competition from the commercial world?
- Does this project generate profit?
- Will there still be developing nations in 2017?
- Will this new education method replace the existence and functions of schools and teachers?
- How would they adapt to the mainstream computer system?
- Shouldn't eradication of famine and hunger come first than laptop project?
- To what magnitude the laptop will affect the life of a child?
- Will this increase plagiarism?
- How many children in the world now? In 2007?
- What is the current birth rate? Will there be an increase/decrease of birthrate by 2017?
- Which countries/continents will benefit from this project?