Future of Tablets in Education Main Page
Like the newspaper - indicate clearer that it progresses in time
Good scenario questions - congrats !
Missmatch between monitoring and teacher as facilitator - can't have both
What is the problem with the Internet in education
Virtual learning pic is of an old style classroom
Have more aspects of the difficulty of changing, always harder and motet difficult than people
What is the ideal class size in a virtual class
In this scenario set we explore the future of tablet technology in education. Neither the desktop PC/laptop, nor the internet have thus far managed to revolutionize the education system, in spite of the enormous potential these technologies hold for education. The excitement around tablet computers appears to be different though. We explore whether the penetration of tablets in the educational system will differ from that achieved by previous computing technologies. We also explore what form or manner this could possibly hold. In addition we broadened our research to explore whether technology, in general, will revolutionize the whole learning process. Our research focuses mainly on the EU region and refers both to primary and secondary education.
What is the future of tablet technology in the classroom of 2025?
Interview Questions explored with Bernard de Groot during an interview on 17 August 2010
Educational Systems around the world
Which are the main transformations that the educational system has gone through so far?
What is the total government spending for education? How much does it vary in the developing and developed world?
Which is the cost structure of schools?
What are the current technological trends in the educational system?
What is the level of autonomy granted to schools/ What is the role of local ministries of education?
Is there any flexibility in the way the curriculum is structured and taught (alternative teaching methods)?
International initiatives for improvement of education
- What are the different types of tablets on the market, price and volume?
- What are the various features/functions currently found on tablets available in the market?
- How long does it take for a technological innovation to increase its penetration rate?
- May the success of Apple affect the future of tablets and their popularity?
- PCs and laptops at schools. How have the penetration rates evolved through time?
- What are the benefits from using tablets, as opposed to laptops/PC's?
- Schools that currently make use of tablet computing and for which subjects/classes/purposes?
- Which is the receptivity of teachers and students concerning technology innovations and involvement of technology in the class?
- Obstacles in adopting tablets
Which are the main publishing companies worldwide?
How much power do these companies exercise compared to the other parties involved in the supply chain?
What is the current status of e-books and e-learning?
6. Increasing Online Collaboration (MM)
10. Education cost