Difference between revisions of "Future of Mobility in Netherlands 2030"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Vishal Kapoor <br>
Vishal Kapoor <br>
Mert Cakar <br>
Mert Cakar <br>
Latest revision as of 23:14, 5 October 2010
During the past decade, Netherlands has faced a significant increase in mobility. Research show that this increase is caused mainly by the increase in number of cars. Today, more than 200 billion kilometers are traveled each year. The biggest portion of mobility comes from commuting activity, especially from house to office. In the past 10 years, commuting traffic has increased by approximately 10%. This condition has caused a traffic congestion problem in some parts of Netherlands. The congestion problem has drawn people’s attention to the future of mobility. Taking into account several factors and driving forces, three possible scenarios for the future of mobility can be drawn. Through these scenarios, various stakeholders can reflect on what action to be taken in order to avoid the rapidly escalating traffic problems.
1. Mert - Longer home to work travel distances
2. Mert - Increase in rate of car ownership
3. Vishal Kapoor--Increase in environmental awareness
4. Vishal Kapoor--Better public Transport
5. Imelia - Increase requirement in efficiency
6. Imelia - Increase in quality life requirement
7. Vikas Rajgarhia--Reduction in travel time in cars
8. Vikas Rajgarhia--Utilization of unconventional powered cars
9. Pieter - Increase of societal costs of mobility
10. Pieter - Increasing impact of advance technologies on mobility
11. Shift to Alternative Energy Sources
13. The increasing effect of the development of technology on the global economy
14. Reducing IT-infrastructure cost
15. Urbanization and Social Status
16. Increasing Mobility
17. Dynamic Mobile Workspace
18. Virtual Integration
19. fuel consumption
20. Global Warming
21. Increasing Efficiency in Energy Use
22. Improvement in transportation through inventions
1. Is public transport in NL private?
2. What is the rate of immigration?
3. What is the influence of EU on policies of Dutch government?
4. Is office space in Netherlands saturated?
5. Are offices moving out of cities?
6. Which cities Dutch people prefer for living and working?
7. What are the new developments on mobility?
8. What are the plans of Dutch government for mobility?
9. What is the effect of economic growth on mobility?
10. What is good life for Dutch people?
11. What are travel habits of Dutch people?
12. What are new plans for public transport?
13. What is brick wall for Dutch mobility?
14. How many years do we have before hitting the brick wall?
15. What causes traffic congestion?
16. How are business interaction going to change in the future?
17. How are the other EU states dealing with mobility problem?
18. What kind of an economy does NL have?
19. How do Dutch people feel about this?
20. How will life style and value evolve in the future?
1) With regards to mobility what is the key question for NL?
2) Does government have any plans to increase use of public transport and are there any long term projects currently underway or being considered that will affect the mobility?
3) Apart from the public transport is there any new technology for the roads – such as sensors to control traffic on highways and has it been tried out ?
4) In the past have climate change regulations affected the government decisions and resulted in regulations specifically for NL, and are there any new regulations being considered?
1.What is the problem you want to solve/ where are you dreaming of?
2.What is the current impact of the glass fiber network in Amsterdam?
3.How can ICT solutions like glass fiber network influence the mobility in the Netherlands?
4.At the end does people not just people would like to meet in real life instead virtual? As you can’t sent and detect moods/emotions through the internet?
5.What are your solutions for the future of mobility in the Netherlands 2030?
6.What are your solutions for solving the traffic jams in the Netherlands?
7.What do you think is the impact of the aging populations on the mobility in the Netherlands?
1. What are the current problems with mobility in Netherlands?
2. What is the government's plan to tackle these problems?
3. What are the trends among Dutch people in terms of traveling across the country?
4. What are the trends among businesses in Netherlands in terms of moving the goods across the country?
5. What are the uncertainties in mobility in Netherlands?
1. Even though road use for business is increasing, why is there no corresponding increase in productivity?
2. What are your views on the concept of Superbus?
3. Are there any identified areas where public money can be spent instead of road development to increase productivity?
4. In your opinion, how can road use for business work can be reduced? What are the major components of road use for business (meetings, travelling to / from office, etc.)?
1. How is the proportion on the focus between ICT solution vs infrastructure and other technology solution on mobility issue?
2. How is the plan and trend on the public transportation utilization in Netherland? Looking at its position compare to other country
3. How fast would the mobility trend change both from the user interest and technology development readiness?
4. How is the user awareness and concern so far (public and bussiness community)?
Key Learning points
1.Interrelations play a very important part and are sometimes not evident, it is through constant exploring that the group can understand the driving forces
2.Although divergent thinking during a scenario buildup may be incoherent, while converging on a scenario it is important to have coherence.